£26000 - £28000 per annum + 5% bonus
about 1 month ago
If you are looking for an opportunity to utilise your skills within an environment that requires working on several different projects at one time and supporting the Financial Controller on a day to day basis, this could be your next challenge!
Previous experience within a manufacturing environment is preferable but not essential, but an ability to work accurately and proactively in order to meet deadlines is key.
Some key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Reporting to the Financial Controller and assisting with the support of a small finance team
- Overseeing sales and purchase ledgers
- Assisting with month end accounts preparation and journals
- Accruals and prepayments
- Maintaining Cap-Ex project ledger
- Inventory reconciliations
- Assisting with average costing and production variance analysis
- Intrastat returns
- Assisting with VAT returns
- Involvement in year-end audit.
Acting as the Assistant to the Financial Controller, you will demonstrate a genuine desire to be part of a small, 'hands on' and busy team.
Key skills and experience:
- AAT qualified (or equivalent)
- Previous experience within a finance team preparing management reporting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to prioritise and manage emails
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive and positive attitude
Our client is based in Malvern and offers a salary of between £26 - £28k plus 5% bonus, pension and health insurance