Chester, Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, N. W. England, England
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
about 1 year ago
What you will do
* Participate actively in the scrum ceremonies at all stages in an agile based software development environment
* Own the complete quality and be responsible for QA deliverables in the project team for micro-services architecture
* Responsible for automating the testing of the software produced by the Development team
* Develop and maintain automated test cases and continually improve automation coverage
* Review and analyse the business and functional requirements, follow the test plans to produce appropriate test scripts, and produce the automated test suite using selenium Web Driver, Java based REST clients and Mobile Drivers like Appium
* Produce quality test documentation (Test Plans, Test Scripts and Traceability) to agreed deadline.
* Attend and input to project kick off meetings to ensure a good understanding of potential testing requirements.
* Peer review other Automation work in line with Definition of done when required
* Report any problems or issues that may affect the agreed deadline to the line manager as soon as they are known.
* Liaise with the necessary parties during the automation process to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality.
* Produce reports of the testing conducted and inform the relevant parties of any issues raised.
* Evaluate third party software for the purposes of improving or automating the testing and associated procedures.
* Adopt a professional approach and behaviour when dealing with the business and user community.
* Contribute to the effectiveness of the Test Team by the sharing of technical and business knowledge.
* Carry out additional duties as directed in line with business needs
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for
* Qualification in a IT related discipline
* Ideally hold a testing affiliation
* Working experience in API Automation (REST and SOAP), Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver (Essential)
* Extensive working experience in using JAVA and related libraries such as REST clients (Essential)
* Working experience in behavior driven development frameworks (BDD) like Cucumber (Essential)
* Good understanding of mock services, mocking, stubbing and service virtualization is important
* Familiarity with mobile automation strategies and tools (like Appium)
* Understanding of contract testing approach and PACT is desirable
* Knowledge on testing frameworks such as java, junit, TestNG, C#, .Net, Nunit
* Knowledge of scripting languages such as VB script, java script, or shell scripts is desirable
* Experience in writing SQL queries; SQL scripts is desirable
* Expertise in building up/implementing page objects (POM/page factories), externally data driving tests, keyword driven set up of assertions/check points, developing core methods for re-usability and hybrid automation frameworks
* Excellent experience of build tools like Maven and managing automation projects using them and reporting tools like Sure-fire Test Runner
* Experience with Version Control Software and code repositories (BitBucket, TFS, GitHub, etc)
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration and associated tools (Jenkins, Hudson, Docker etc)
* Experience developing the automation scripts for end to end scenarios and maintaining the automation suites
* Experience in Code Review process and understanding of definition of done
* Experience working in agile environment and participating in sprint and scrum meetings
* Test Report production and support the other automation team members
* Good understanding of the testing documents and the test life cycle