about 1 month ago
Are you a Bid Manager with an engineering background? Are you available immediately and looking for a role within a well established, complex engineering company?
This position is for an initial 6 months term, with the potential to extend or become permanent for the right candidate.
Bid Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation and management of commercial contracts in a robust and timely manner, ensuring commercial risks are transparent, minimised and/or mitigated where possible.
- Negotiation of Terms and Conditions, Non-Disclosure Agreements and other Contracting arrangements with Customers and Suppliers covering the supply of Materials and Services; and certify that bids to Customers that are underpinned with robust & valid Supplier quotations.
- Support to the management of the Supplier base to include supplier selection and approval and Implementation of the Make/Buy policy in formulating Strategic Sourcing Frameworks.
- Manages the interfaces with customers and manages bids from strategy review to contract acceptance
- Updates and maintains all legal terms and conditions and standards relating to contracts
- Acts as an expert and advises on Bids and Contracts to both the Purchasing and Sales and Marketing Departments.
- Ensure compliance with company processes and policy for Procurement, Statutory Legal Obligations, Ethical Standards and corporate governance relating to procurement and all International trading legislation and controls associated with materials and products.
- Supports customers in understanding proposals, payment plans, milestones, liaising with bid project managers via project plans, risk registers as appropriate.
Bid Manager Requirements
- A team player with the ability to deal confidently and professionally with both internal colleagues and external customers at all levels.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to competently conduct meetings/presentations at all levels within the business and with external customers.
- Of an enthusiastic, energetic, flexible and dedicated disposition coupled with a desire to develop and utilise new and current skills to the benefit of the business.
- Able to contribute positively to the business improvement process
This Bid Manager position is based in Kidderminster with the opportunity to work from home 2 or 3 days a week once established in the role.