24 days ago
Business Development Manager
Hewett Recruitment are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our growing team. The role will form a key part of our expansion plans, developing relationships and driving new business, to complement the repeat business already generated by a loyal client base built up over 40 years.
As Business Development Manager, you'll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow. Previous knowledge of or experience in the recruitment market would be very useful but is not essential. What's more important are a proven ability in sales and relationship management and being the right person fit for our culture and values.
Working closely with the Directors, Strategic Marketing Executive and Recruitment Consultants, the focus will be on securing new Permanent and Temporary requirements with like-minded organisations who will value what we do for them. This will include businesses based in our traditional locations of Herefordshire & Worcestershire, as well as seeking out opportunities further afield as we look to expand our geographical reach.
What's involved in being a Business Development Manager?
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- Generate leads and call prospective customers
- Meet with clients face to face or over video
- Build and develop relationships with customers/clients
- Understand the needs of Hewett customers and respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think and work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to achieve targets
- Have a great understanding of Hewett's services and be able to advise others about them
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with colleagues
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the recruitment and labour markets
What are the values you must share with us?
- We Never Stop Learning
- We Act With Integrity
- We Love What We Do
- We Create Value
- We Have Grit
What will you get in return as a Business Development Manager?
- Fantastic role in recruitment with great career opportunities
- Work with a fun and encouraging team
- Dynamic working arrangements
- Career and personal development
- After hours social and networking events
- 28 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays), rising with service
- Private Healthcare
- Health Cash Plan
With a head office in Kidderminster, access to co-working spaces in Worcester and Gloucester and the option to work from home, you could be based anywhere across the West Midlands and the South West - there is also the possibility for flexibility in working hours and for the role to be part-time. Hewett prides itself on the personal development and training it offers all of its employees as well as the relaxed atmosphere in which the Consultants operate. You can be as autonomous as you like although we do promote a collaborative approach to work, with Consultants sharing their knowledge and celebrating each other's success. Salary and package negotiable, commensurate with experience.