Up to £28000 per annum
5 months ago
An established and leading UK manufacturer, they have a fantastic reputation for supplying a quality range of popular products to both trade and residential customers. The majority of their products are manufactured on site in the UK.
As SHEQ Advisor (Safety, Health, Environmental, Quality) you will be primarily based at the main site near Kidderminster, Worcestershire. Reporting into the Group Risk Manager, the SHEQ Advisor will join the team responsible for Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental matters at the Group's main manufacturing and distribution divisions, also including the Head Office function. At times travel will be required to support additional sites within the Group.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for someone wishing to take the next step in their SHEQ / Compliance career and help develop and execute plans to continually improve in all areas of compliance!
- Day to day responsibility for site H&S, Environmental and Quality activities, acting as the point of contact for all compliance related queries.
- Working autonomously to develop site activities in line with Group Compliance strategy.
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders to actively influence a positive health and safety culture, as well as focusing on the Environmental & Quality risk management of the site.
- Design and deliver various training, safety briefs and toolbox talks as well as incident investigation where necessary.
- Conducting and reviewing risk assessments and method statements.
- Undertaking regular spot checks and various audits.
- Producing/presenting monthly reports and other forms of statistical analysis of collected safety data.
- Being responsible for various duties relating to Group's Occupational Health program.
- Chair the site monthly SHE meeting where required.
- Assist in various quality related tasks in compliance with the company's Quality management system, with a particular focus on product safety.
- Work towards developing the site Environmental management system.
- Support Team functions in other areas of compliance responsibility.
- Experience of working in a Health and Safety related role, ideally within a similar fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills, together with a proactive dynamic approach.
- A sound level of I.T skills is preferable due to nature of the role, as is experience of running training.
- Experience of an environmental and quality-based role, to include working to accredited standards within these areas of compliance.
- NEBOSH / IOSH Qualifications and auditing experience highly advantageous.
Based Near Kidderminster, Worcestershire.
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
Salary up to £28,000 depending on experience.