Customer Facing Sciences Specialist
If you have a natural flair for sciences (particularly biological or pharmaceutical) and an aptitude for presenting your knowledge in a customer facing training and delivery environment, this could be an ideal fit for you! With your knowledge on scientific activities related to Size Exclusion Chromatography and Gel Permeation Chromatography, you will assume responsibility for managing the technical and scientific activities for all sales sectors within the UK and Channel Partner territories. With a combination of laboratory analysis (full training given) and travel within the UK and overseas as required, you will be the technical and customer-facing expert on behalf of the products and organisation.
Some key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Acting as an Applications Specialist to support the SEC / GPC range of products
- Preparing and presenting tutorials and seminars to subsidiaries, agents, direct sales team and end-users
- Assisting with providing on-going training support
- Working with Account Managers to devise the technical/product/demo strategy as appropriate
- Contributing to sample analysis whenever required or in a demonstration environment
- Providing appropriate and timely technical assistance to customers and prospects within the Region/Country and associated channel partner territories.
- Facilitating Applications support
- Travelling throughout assigned regions to visit prospective and existing customers
This role is ultimately accountable for internal and external customer satisfaction for the SEC / GPC product and both local and global sales sectors. A high sense of urgency and high degree of customer focus is essential, as is an ability to perform exceptional product demonstrations. Training will be provided but a natural flair for presenting is key!
Skills and Experience required:
- A degree in Biochemistry/ Biological Sciences/ Pharmaceutical Sciences/ Chemistry (desirable)
- Experience in SEC and GPC is preferred
- Previous laboratory experience - either direct industrial and/or academic experience, working in a research, development or a laboratory setting.
- Experience in a customer facing / sales support role is advantageous
- Exceptional presenting skills and a confidence to relay information
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written
This is a visible position and the customers' perception of the company is key. This role could be suited to a Graduate who is hungry to join a forward-thinking company and embrace training and follow a career path or alternatively somebody who has worked within a similar role.
Based in Malvern, the client is offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Travel is required and so a full driving licence and passport is essential.