£22500 - £23500 per annum
2 months ago
Customs Declaration Officer
If you can demonstrate that you have exceptional attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and thrive on working in an extremely process driven environment, this could be an ideal position. Whilst experience of working with import and export documentation would be advantageous, it is as not essential. However, experience within compliance, auditing or a financial role where high levels of accuracy are needed will be highly beneficial.
The role is responsible for completing import and export customs entries, ensuring that entries are HRMC compliant and providing information to customers as to what is required to comply with UK port requirements. A four day training course will be completed at the start of employment.
Some key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Completing customs entries in an accurate and timely manner, checking all relevant documents and delivering a service that meets complex HMRC standards.
- Submitting customs declarations to HMRC using simplified, summary and standard procedures
- Undertaking tariff classifications
- Forwarding the customs release messages to clients and their representatives.
- Building relationships and rapport with new and existing customers and communicate effectively with customs authorities such as HMRC
- Completing data administration and validation, scanning and filing supporting documents
- Acting as the point of contact for customs declaration enquiries.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience of working within roles that require an exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An ability to work to deadlines with excellent time management skills
- Customer focused with the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with strong administration and Microsoft Office skills
- Someone who enjoys working in a role that works within strict processes
- Experience of working in an international trade role would be beneficial but not essential
Working within a small team, our client offers a fantastic and supportive working environment.
Location - Worcester
Salary up to £23.5k