Up to £50000 per annum
9 days ago
The main purpose of this position is to lead the timely and accurate delivery of end-to-end client outcomes in an efficient and effective manner while striving to continually improve.
As Delivery Lead you role will be a combination of Scrum Master and Project Management where the successful post holder will be supporting a team in delivering small to medium software projects.
The Delivery Lead will then be responsible for managing the customer relationship whilst ensuring project and delivery milestones are met. Coordinating the team to ensure milestones are met, whist acting in the role of a scrum master/ agile coach to support the team in improving their practices and streamlining processes and introducing improvements.
Your key responsibilities as Delivery Lead will include….
- Deliver products and services using Agile methodologies, resolving impediments and iterating frequently. Act as a scrum master coordinating stand ups and sprint planning.
- Ensure a definitive understanding of client business and technical requirements.
- Own the relationship with the client (and any 3rd parties) delivery teams (on transition from sales).
- Ensure the design framework remains up to date in relation to the tasks/activities (as well as elapsed time to execute) and capabilities required to execute client outcomes.
- Lead the delivery of client outcomes. Responsible for ensuring the delivery teams maintain the agreed standards for quality, scalability, security and robustness.
- Manage resource to execute client deliverables.
- Review deliverables and manage improvements in the delivery of outcomes.
- Coach and support colleagues in their engagement with clients.
- Evolve the product, service offering to create value for clients
- Proactively build relationships and collaborate with Development, Delivery Teams, Sales and other functions to ensure a positive delivery process for Customers.
- Continually plan and lead the delivery of change, ensuring that technology solutions achieve the right outcome for the customer and business.
- Take account of risk, impact and business factors such as cost and skills in the implementation of the delivery strategy.
- Agile & Lean Principles: guide and champion lean and agile principles for achieving quality, adaptability, speed & alignment. This includes the practices, techniques and tools that support those principles, and an understanding of when things may or may not be applicable in a situation or context.
- Build High Performing Teams: enable a group of people who share a common vision, goals, metrics and who collaborate, challenge and hold each other accountable, to achieve outstanding results.
- Continuous Delivery Planning: create a realistic, achievable plan showing how and when goals will be met along with the required milestones, mitigations, activities and resources required.
- CSM or PSM (advantageous)
- Educated to degree level (advantageous)
- A Degree in a computer related subject (advantageous)
- Relevant professional qualifications (advantageous)
- LEAN/SIX Sigma (advantageous)
Your experience as a Delivery Lead will include….
- Extensive industry application of an agile methodology (ideally Scrum)
- Background in hands-on software development, delivery, business analysis, or testing within cross-functional teams
- Practical experience of all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle
- General Insurance / financial services industry knowledge
- Extensive experience of delivery and release processes to a highly available commercial environment
- Experience leading software development teams in an agile environment to deliver business outcomes.
- Proven experience managing multiple work streams with quick turnarounds and moving perimeters.
- Experience of key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
This is a great chance to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects and a comprehensive benefits package.
Based in Worcester, commutable from Kidderminster, Birmingham, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Hereford, Malvern, Ledbury, Evesham, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Bewdley, Droitwich Spa and Pershore. Salary up to £50'000; commensurate with experience.
We also operate a referral scheme so if you do know any looking for a Delivery Lead position then please do get in touch!