As Despatch Operator you will ensure the effective packaging and despatch of all finished goods and materials ensuring the safe loading, accurate labelling and production of associated paperwork.
You will also manage and maintain accurate stocks in finished goods area racking and move goods and materials between various production areas on site. This role will also involve the delivery and collection of goods, using company vehicles.
- Assemble bespoke boxes and other transit packaging to ensure customer orders are received complete and without damage.
- To use the in house computer systems to produce the appropriate labelling and paperwork required for items to be despatched.
- To ensure all goods collected by third party providers are signed for.
- Ensure the safe loading/unloading of all despatches/receipts using appropriate material handling equipment.
- Pick and pack.
- Actively manage/improve stock accuracy of the finished goods racking locations in conjunction with other despatch team members including stock taking/PI counting etc. Updating the in house system as required. Receive and put away new stocks accurately.
- The safe movement of finished goods & materials between production facilities on site as & when required using appropriate material handling equipment.
- Drive the company vehicles as & when required; delivering & collecting finished goods/materials and other items as directed.
- To keep a manual and physical check on despatch area packaging materials and report low stocks/shortages.
- Ensure compliance with and support of all Health & Safety regulations, company handbook, quality standards and company policies.
- Counterbalance forklift licence.
- Full driving licence.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy (GCSE/NVQ) - Desirable.
- Woodwork - (GCSE/NVQ) - Desirable
- Previous knowledge/experience of working in a despatch area.
- Previous experience of woodworking in any setting (desirable).
- Basic knowledge and experience of IT packages; Outlook/Word and willingness to learn the in-house system.
Based in Kidderminster.
Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday 10:30am to 3pm.
£9.75 per hour.