£40000 - £45000 per annum
4 months ago
Development Team Lead
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Development Team Lead to join a market leading fintech solutions provider to support the growth of their e-commerce department. As a Development Team Lead your key purpose will be to manage members of the e-commerce team and their developments to high quality standards.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Line manage team members setting clear goals, carrying out regular reviews and annual appraisals
- Develop team members by identifying training areas and agreeing individual development plans
- Assist with career planning to maintain a skilled resource pool and robust succession planning
- Talent managing the team to ensure we have the best people
- Manage resource utilisation making recommendations for headcount changes where required
- Ensure professional and industry best practices are utilised throughout the full Software Development Lifecycle
- Champion continuous improvement
- Continually review and update team processes and practices
- Assist in team reporting to ensure correct representation of the team is reflected and performance measures are recorded / managed
- Keep abreast of current and new technology, to ensure technical and technology skills are up-to date
- Support the ongoing recruitment of new employees and training plans
The successful applicant will ideally hold a relevant professional qualification in software development and / or an ITIL certification. You will should have a demonstrable track record in a similar role, leading teams within a software development environment. Experience in Agile / Scrum and similar methodologies is essential as is a strong knowledge of software development and testing life cycles and previous experience of staff management, including recruitment, retention and release. Any knowledge of the financial service sector would be very advantageous and you will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Key skills and experience required include:
- Operational customer relationship management
- Deep knowledge of all facets of software development, associated requirements capture, architecture, design, development, QA, deployment, change management, and a direct background in software development
- Innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate stakeholder management
- Practical coaching experience
This is a great chance to join a growing company offering excellent career and personal progression and a comprehensive benefits package. They offer the chance to work on some very exciting projects with the latest technologies and opportunities to further develop your skills. Based in Winchester and commutable from Southampton, Eastleigh, Andover, Whitchurch, Alton, Chichester, Portsmouth, Fareham, Lymington, Bournemouth, Salisbury, Basingstoke. Salary up to £45,000, commensurate with experience.
The company is currently working remotely and moving forwards there is the flexibility to work from home when not required in the office.