£66000 - £66471 per annum
about 2 months ago
We are looking for Digital Services Technical Architect to act as the Digital Technical Design Authority for this organisation. You will define and govern how technical solutions are designed, configured and implemented, as well as being a key stakeholder in an effective enterprise design practice.
The purpose of this role is to manage and maintain the digital technical architecture blueprint for the organisation. You will develop technical models and plans that identify opportunities for leveraging technology capability in support of strategic business change initiatives and subsequent projects/ programmes.
Digital Services Technical Architect Responsibilities
* To be the professional lead for the development and documentation of the Digital Technical Strategy and associated roadmaps.
* To undertake the role of technical design authority for all technical change.
* To ensure that the ICT architecture meets all the relevant industry/national standards and demonstrates consistency of design across all digital related programmes and projects.
* To take responsibility for understanding strategic business requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and recommending technical options.
* To deliver an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in respect of the ICT architecture
* To lead a team, managing their welfare and development and ensuring high levels of motivation and performance
Digital Services Technical Architect Requirements
* Significant experience of designing and architecting technical solutions within in a large complex multi-faceted organisation.
* Able to have a broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
* Demonstrate ability to think strategically whilst having a strong focus on ICT technologies and operational service delivery.
* Confident in translating user requirements into ICT solution designs
* Able to take ownership of the solution design from inception to delivery to the end customer
* Experience in leading and supporting other architects to deliver a cohesive end-to-end architecture
* Ability to take the lead during meetings and help to drive governance and programme level boards with associated stakeholder
* ITIL Certification (Service Management), or equivalent framework experience
* Formal specialist technical training in some of the following ICT systems; desktop, server, database, networks, telephony (or similar)
* Substantial knowledge of ICT enterprise architecture principles gained through significant experience of solutions delivery
* Practical knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, certified with a recognised framework such as TOGAF.
Based in Worcester, salary is £66,471