£28000 - £38000 per annum
11 days ago
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Monday to Friday - 8am-4pm
Are you looking for a move to a growing engineering company with varied work and day shifts? You will be working 8am-4pm Mon-Fri as part of a supportive maintenance team. You will have the opportunity to focus on electrical maintenance whilst also being involved in a wide range of other maintenance projects.
This role could be well suited to an experienced Maintenance Engineer, or equally to a qualified Electrician, interested in moving their career on in this direction.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities
- Ensure that all items of electrical equipment are maintained in a safe condition, complying with the latest regulations.
- Reactive Maintenance/PPM to ensure that equipment can be used with the least delay.
- Collaborate with other members of the maintenance team providing general maintenance support for other disciplines such as:
- Electrical Systems <450Volts
- Hydraulic Systems
- Pneumatic Systems
- Plumbing (Fresh, Foul Water & Chemicals)
- IT Wiring & Systems
- Fitting i.e. installing and removing mechanical parts.
- Making and Maintaining safety guarding & Associated wiring
- Welding parts to make guarding etc
- Fork Lift Truck driving in connection with Maintenance activities
- PLC Fault Finding and Programming (Allen Bradley)
- Carry out maintenance work to the best standards practicable.
- Successfully undertake any training that may be required as the result from changes in the requirements of the Regulations.
- Working mainly indoors, but also outdoors on occasion.
- Working at heights using ladders and scissor lifts from time to time.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Requirements
- The Maintenance Engineer will have current certification of compliance with the 18th Edition of the Wiring Regulations, or at least 17th Edition that could be upgraded quickly.
- Broader experience with PLC's; fork-lift truck licence; working in heavy engineering / metals would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be flexible to commit to over-time should urgent maintenance be required (over-time is paid at 1.3 times hourly rate)
- A practical, hands-on individual who enjoys problem-solving.
- Strong team player with solid communication skills.
Hours of work for this Electrical Maintenance Engineer position are 8am-4pm Mon-Fri. Salary is £28-38K based on experience
Based in Worcester this role is commutable from: Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Kidderminster, Stourport, Bewdley, Stourbridge, Malvern, Ledbury, Evesham, Pershore, Hereford, Cheltenham and Gloucester.