Up to £9.50 per hour + + Holiday Pay
10 days ago
Temp to Perm
We have an exciting Temp to Perm opportunity to join a family owned successful business in the local area.
Field & Workshop Operative role
- Primarily service based; As part of 2-man team, visiting customers sites around the UK conducting service, repairs and installation works of feed mill and ancillary equipment. This will involve occasional weekend work and usually a night away during the week in order to provide a first-class service to customers and meet their operational needs.
- Secondary tasks; Based in the Kidderminster engineering workshop as part of a small team of engineers, producing, repairing and modifying machinery and associated parts
Field & Workshop Operative Basic Skills & Experience
- Be able to read engineering drawings
- MIG welding in mild and stainless steel
- Use of a gas torch to warm up parts to aid dismantling and reassembly
- Use of hand tools, spanners, bearing pullers,
- Use of lifting gear specifically; slings, block and tackle, electric hoist, rachet straps
- Use of machine tools specifically; hydraulic guillotine, radial driller, manual lathe, powered sheet metal folder, band saw
- Physically fit as some lifting involved
What's On Offer
- Fulltime hourly paid position with paid overtime (starting rate £9.50)
- Pension after qualifying period
- Van and tools provided for site work
- Workwear provided
- Structured training and development plan
- Work hours; Mon - Thurs 08.00 - 17.00 Friday 08.00 - 14.30
Must have a full clean driving license, who loves to be 'hands on', takes pride in their work and enjoys working in a small team.
Please submit your CV