£22000 - £28000 per annum
3 months ago
Immediate start available.
Are you an experienced IT Helpdesk Technician looking for a new opportunity within a small, capable team supporting 250 users?
We are looking for an IT Helpdesk Technician with Windows domain experience to be initially based from home and on site when required. Once covid19 restrictions are eased you will be mainly office-based. You will need to be open to working hours on a rota as below and will need to be an all-rounder in terms of being able to resolve most queries independently relating to hardware, software, windows server and applications.
IT Helpdesk Technician Responsibilities
* Provide 1st and 2nd line support
* Perform remote troubleshooting
* Maintain servers, applications, phones and network devices over a wide area network.
* Liaise with IT support partners to resolve technical issues in applications such as Microsoft Office, Sage 1000, Docuware and QlikView.
* Accurately and actively maintain asset and licence registers, Active Directory and Exchange.
* Install and maintain desktop and laptop PCs, WAPs, printers, desk and mobile phones.
* Install and maintain client software such as anti-virus, Sage and MS Office; utilising WSUS for updates.
IT Helpdesk Technician Requirements
* Experience of working in a WAN and domain environment
* Effective communication to understand issues and explain solutions.
* User-oriented and patient to support colleagues who have little IT knowledge with a friendly and effective approach
* Focused on security and continuity.
* Confident administering Windows Server 2012/16/19 in vCenter, including Exchange and VMware
* SQL Server and T-SQL / SSRS / Qlikview reporting experience would be beneficial.
* Access to a car is essential as travel between sites will occasionally be required.
You will need to be open to working hours on a rota between 7.00 and 18.00 mon-fri, plus one Saturday in three 8.30-14.30. There is also a rota for on-call hours in the evening between 19.00 and 20.00 mon-fri
Based from home initially then onsite near Kidderminster, the salary is £22-28K