£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Lead Java Developer to join a market leading fintech solutions provider to support the growth of their e-commerce department. As a Lead Java Developer your key purpose will be to lead development within Scrum teams to deliver new products, bespoke customer developments and support the company's existing technical estate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading cross-functional scrum teams responsible for hands-on delivery of software
- Providing technical leadership and advocating & implementing improvements in working practices
- Being continually aware of emerging technological trends and proposing and implementing new solutions and industry standard techniques
- Acting in the role of coach and mentor providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of systems
- Delivering new customer requirements as quickly, reliably, and efficiently as possible
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, and QA's to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues
The successful applicant will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and ideally hold an Oracle Java Professional Certification and / or Oracle MySQL Developer Certification. You will have a proven track record in technical leadership with extensive experience of working on large complex software applications and databases. Experience of major redesign and refactoring of complex enterprise solutions and use and implementation of Design Patterns is a must, with any knowledge of working in an Agile environment or within the financial services sector advantageous. You should also possess problem solving and deep analysis skills and the ability to convert business and / or technical level requirements into successful implementation.
Key technical skills include:
- REST, SOAP, and SOA
- Angular, Formally and Bootstrap. Advantageous
- TDD, XP, Continuous Integration
- Gradle and Groovy
- Agile delivery skills - for example Scrum / Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework, TDD and Pair Programming
- Atlassian software such as Bamboo and JIRA
This is a great chance to join a growing company offering excellent career and personal progression and a comprehensive benefits package. They offer the chance to work on some very exciting projects with the latest technologies and opportunities to further develop your skills. Based in Worcester, commutable from Malvern, Droitwich, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Hereford, Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye, Stourport, Bewdley, Kidderminster, Dudley, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Redditch and Birmingham. Salary up to £60,000, commensurate with experience.
The company is currently working remotely and moving forwards there is the flexibility to work from home when not required in the office.