Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum
4 months ago
Lead Java Developer:
This is your chance to become part of an innovative, market leading software Solutions Company, offering beneficial development skills and support to their fast-growing e-commerce department. The successful Java Developer will lead developments within Scrum teams to promote and deliver new products, take control over customer developments and support the company's highly successful technical estate.
Lead Java Developer key responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional scrum teams in order to promote a high level of hand-on software development.
- Provide technical leadership and implement improvements in working practises.
- Being continually aware of emerging technological trends that can be used to enhance the company's high standard of software systems.
- Acting as a mentor and coach, providing key support to all members of the software development department.
- Fulfilling the requirements of new customers as quickly, efficiently and reliably as possible.
- Liaising with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers and quality assurers to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues.
Lead Java Developer key requirements:
- Extensive experience of working on large, complex software applications and databases that have had high volumes of data and a large number of concurrent user interaction.
- Knowledge and experience of leading software development projects using Java as the primary technology.
- Experience of major redesign and refactoring of complex enterprise solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate technical leadership experience within an Agile environment, solving problems and leading a team to effectively build and implement successful software models.
- Offering a methodical and systematic approach to all tasks whilst using natural leadership skills in order to motivate and develop team members.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level, preferably in a computer related subject. Ideally, the successful Java Developer will hold an Oracle Java Professional Certification and/or Oracle MySQL Developer Certification.
Lead Java Developer key skills:
- A complete understanding of MySQL.
- Extensive knowledge of REST, SOAP, and SOA.
- Knowledge of software development processes and methodologies (TDD, XP and continuous Integration) would be advantageous.
This is a Lead Java Developer role that offers a vast opportunity for personal and professional progression as well as excellent benefits. It is a chance to join a fast growing software company, working with the latest technologies that give you the opportunity to enhance you skills further. This Lead Java Developer role offers a salary of up to £60,000, commensurate with experience. The company is Based in Milton Keynes. They are currently working remotely and in the future there will be flexibility to work from home when not required in the office.