£45000 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
Are you seeking Lead developer role where you will:
* Lead cross functional scrum teams responsible for hands-on delivery of software.
* Provide technical leadership and advocating & implementing improvements in working practices.
* Be continually aware of emerging technological trends and proposing and implementing new solutions and industry standard techniques.
* Act the role of coach and mentor providing support and advice to other members of the Software Development department.
* Enhancing the scalability and performance of systems.
* Deliver new customer requirements as quickly, reliably and efficiently as possible.
* Communicate with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, and QA's to establish and implement requirements and/or resolve live operational issues.
My client are an industry leading software house at the heart of Worcester providing enterprise level software nationwide. They are now seeking a Software Developer to join their software development team to work on new projects. Well placed to provide career development, interesting problems and a fantastic open plan, social and collaborative software development environment.
As a successful Lead Developer you will have experience in:
* Working on large complex software applications and databases with high volumes of data and large numbers of concurrent users.
* Major redesign and refactoring of complex enterprise solutions.
* Leading software development projects in Java.
* Using and implementing Design Patterns.
* Demonstrating technical leadership.
* Tackling performance and scalability issues on a large, high-throughput system, using industry-standard techniques and tools.
It would be beneficial that as a software lead you have had experience in any of the following:
* Experience of working in an agile environment.
* General insurance / financial services industry knowledge
It is essential as a lead developer you will have skills in:
* Extensive knowledge of MySQL.
* Extensive knowledge of REST, SOAP, and SOA
* Problem solving and deep analysis skills including ability to diagnose performance issues.
It would be advantageous if you had the following skills:
* TDD, XP, Continuous Integration.
* Gradle and Groovy.
* Agile delivery skills - for example Scrum / Kanban and Scaled Agile Framework.
* Atlassian software such as Bamboo and JIRA.
This role offers a salary of £45,000-£55,000 per annum. They are located in Worcester and is commutable from Redditch, Birmingham, Pershore, Evesham, Kidderminster, Cleobury, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Ledbury, Tewkesbury, Bewdley, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Halesowen, Dudley, West Bromwich, Solihull, Hereford, Stourport-on-Severn, Bewdley and Warwick.
If you happen to know someone who has extensive knowledge of Java and Web Technologies and experience leading software development teams then please get in touch, as we do have a referral scheme!