£30000 - £34000 per annum
2 months ago
A new opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer to join a leading manufacturing organisation with a presence in multiple European countries and in excess of 5000 staff. The role will support the Maintenance Coordinator in ensuring the optimal and safe functioning of all production lines and all plant equipment, facilities and utilities.
The position of Maintenance Engineer responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Ensure all preventive maintenance and service schedules are completed on time and to the relevant standards.
* Ensure troubleshooting is efficient to keep production downtime to a minimum
* Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) undertaking fault finding and diagnostic actions to prevent issues.
* Ensure corrective actions deliver immediate and long term solutions in a timely safe and cost effective manner.
* Complete relevant paperwork and report any issues to Senior Engineer or Maintenance Coordinator.
* Make suggestions of solutions that will yield increased efficiency and cost savings.
* Work in conjunction with operations staff on daily engineering related issues and in continuous improvement teams.
* Proactively identify and implement improvements to operational and resource efficiencies whilst considering the impact on other departments.
The Maintenance Engineer will have demonstrable experience in a similar role and the following skills and experience:
* ONC / HNC / NVQ and / or City & Guilds qualified in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
* 18th Edition Certificate or equivalent
* Repairing electrical breakdowns and fault finding on pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
* Understanding of wiring diagrams, modification of control panels, programming.
* Fabrication, machining work, welding.
* Knowledge of PLCs (preferably Siemens) and modern automation systems.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* High levels of literacy and numeracy.
The role involved working on a weekly rotating 3 shift pattern - 6 am to 2 pm; 2 pm to 10 pm; 10 pm to 6 am.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of an expanding team of Engineers within a leading and successful production business. There is significant investment taking place in the plant and the company is committed to supporting the career and personal development of its employees. Based near Worcester, commutable from Tenbury Wells, Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn, Droitwich Spa, Malvern and Bromyard. Salary £30-34,000, commensurate with experience.