The Material Planner / Buyer will support the Purchasing Manager with a hands on attitude to supplier and demand management. The role is an integral part of the Purchasing team and requires strong experience of MRP and excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Using JD Edwards ERP/MRP system, the buyer will manage all aspects of supply and demand within a sizeable commodity group from suppliers, logistics, inventory control and NPI.
- Buying product for production builds and parts sale demand, communicating availability to stakeholders.
- Responsibility for all communication to their supplier including quality issues, supply issues and new product introductions.
- Handle negotiation of contracts and prices with current and potential new suppliers.
- Attendance at meetings and provide information relative to the introduction of new products.
- Make available details of products purchased that are likely to impact product build and spare part sales and provide an action plan to alleviate supply issues.
- Report on non-availability for spare sales and or production shortages via the ERP system.
- Minimise stocks without jeopardising part availability.
- Involvement in process to manage returns to suppliers.
- Ensuring engineering changes are addressed with supplier where required.
- Participate in make versus buy projects.
- Ongoing development of the purchasing systems and ordering process.
- Manage specific specialised projects as requested.
- Using data both current and historical to plan raw material demand.
- Good level of education ideally within an engineering discipline.
- CIPS qualification or working to achieve CIPS would be beneficial.
- Experience of working as a buyer within a Purchasing function in heavy industry.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Track record of delivering cost reduction plans.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems - ideally JD Edwards.
- Excellent IT skills particularly Excel.
- Ability to work well on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Analytical skills and problem solving.
- Experience of OEM or 1st Tier operation a bonus.
Salary dependant on experience.
Based in Ludlow, Shropshire.
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm.