4 months ago
A new role has arisen as a Materials Tester to be part of a market-leading and highly technical business who design, develop and manufacture products into the defence industry.
As a Material Rheologist you will be involved in all phases of the project life cycle including design, demonstration, development, production and customer support.
* Rheological material testing and analysis for the development of mechanical properties
* Preparation and conduction of tests and trials in line with current processes
* Building rheological test procedures for material qualification
* Interpret bonding material behaviours and failure points
* Create new testing techniques
* Providing technical reporting using reference to material mechanical properties
* Identifying and reporting on trends following analysis of materials
* Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation
* Degree Qualified in a relevant Engineering, Material Science or related discipline
* Knowledge of general rheology testing, including tensile testing, Bond testing, DMTA, TMA, DSC
* Strong engineering mindset and problem solving ability
* Knowledge of mechanical and chemical properties with an understanding of Maths and Physics
* Understanding of materials such as inert and energetic behaviours would be beneficial
* Clear communicator both verbally and with written documentation
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading organisation and will suit someone who is interested in working on research projects and being part of an expanding engineering team.
Based in Kidderminster and commutable from Worcester, Stourport, Redditch, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Bewdley, Stourbridge, Birmingham, Dudley, Wolverhampton and Malvern. Offering a competitive salary based on experience.