24 days ago
Based near Kidderminster in Worcestershire, this company is the market leader in the UK within their specialist sector for manufacturing and distribution.
Following significant infrastructure investment and growth, a new opportunity has been created for an experienced, proven and hands on Mill Manager.
Lead and develop all machine functions within the mill environment, along with yard inbound deliveries and multi cross cut processing, working closely with the core maintenance function to maximise plant efficiency.
This role will suit someone with strong man management skills and conversant with reporting on key measurement data overseeing the day to day activities and maximising plant efficiency.
- Day to Day Management and Safe Operation of the Manufacturing Plant.
- Driving throughput measures and ensuring all reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring ALL SSOW are followed.
- Ensuring ALL mandatory PPE is worn.
- Ensure key inbound raw material checks are completed.
- Oversee weekly inventory counts are completed.
- Ensuring ALL mandatory daily machine inspections are completed.
- Supervision of sub-contractors not covered by Maintenance.
- Support Maintenance to aid delivery of key PPM schedules.
- Support and coach the Manufacturing Team in delivering the required daily work tasks to achieve maximised equipment uptime and productivity.
- Ensure all support processes including Production Dashboard, Production Planning, Daily Performance Documentation, Quality Control, Raw Material and Purchase Order management are maintained and delivered to the required standards.
- Working with the site Compliance Officer ensure all Health and Safety documentation is completed in line with policy and legislation.
- Working with the Operations Manager and Compliance Officer in ensuring all Health and Safety audit actions are prioritised and completed.
- Ensure ALL areas of responsibility are maintained to the highest 5S standards.
- Actively participate in and support process improvement.
- Carry out as required Tool Box talks.
- Manage all disciplinary and performance personnel scenarios within the mill environment.
- Assist the Operations Manager in maintaining ALL mandatory Training Qualifications
- Experience of a similar role in a similar environment.
- Fully conversant in SAGE 1000.
- Strong man manager and leadership skills.
- Competent use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Compile, analyse and communicate data confidently.
- Able to lead manage and develop a team.
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with meticulous attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate previous examples of key roles and responsibilities.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Thrives on working at pace in a busy environment handling multiple priorities.
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver to target timelines.
- Experience of Stock control and perpetual inventory counting.
Based Near Kidderminster, Worcestershire.
Monday to Friday - Days.
Competitive Salary - Dependant on experience.