A brand NEW ROLE created to help an experienced Finance team deal with the demands of an established, thriving and growing business. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will take ownership of the Payroll process for around 330 staff, including both a weekly and monthly payroll.
You will ensure the accuracy of data and that all HMRC and pension reporting requirements are generated and administered. You will also be the first point of contact for all payroll queries.
There will be plenty of support available to you from within the existing Finance team, particularly as you settle in to the role. Ideally, you will already have extensive payroll experience, although this role could also suit someone with less experience but looking to progress.
- Ensuring payroll and pension deadlines are met each week / month as well as completing the year end process for the payrolls within the company.
- Ensuring that correct pay and overtime rates are used and are compliant with Government regulations.
- Working knowledge of how to calculate holiday pay for various employee types.
- Processing starters and leavers, implementing tax code amendments, student loans, statutory payments (SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP), vouchers and other relevant in year forms or schemes.
- Processing Attachment of Earnings and other deductions.
- Run calculation reporting and process BACs payment.
- All HMRC processes including RTI Submissions, FPS, EPS, P60's P45's and Year-End Process.
- Administering & reconciling payroll year end & distribution of P60s.
- Processing of Pension calculations and submissions from Start to End and liaising with Pensions provider and pensions regulator where necessary.
- Responsible for the preparation of the P11D returns and P11D (b) for reporting on Employer's class 1(A) national insurance contribution.
- Producing internal reports such as 'to date' information, apprenticeship levy reporting & employment allowance reporting (P32) and department analysis report.
- Set up and reconcile Payroll journal for period end postings.
- Preparation of analytical data to finance team for monthly reporting cycle and year end close.
- Respond to and resolve payroll and tax related queries.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement across payroll with a focus on improving efficiencies and automation.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of payroll procedures.
- Payroll processing experience.
- Experience of processing directors pay including shares administration (preferred, not essential).
- Knowledge of pay related legislation.
- Excellent numeracy and accuracy skills and strong communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of payroll systems, ideally Opera Pegasus payroll.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Payroll qualification / CIPP advantageous.
Based in Kidderminster.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Competitive salary available - dependant on experience.
Some Hybrid working available, although you must be in the office on processing days.