£65000 - £80000 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension
8 months ago
Are you interested in a Plant Manager role where you will:
- Manage and develop a multi-disciplined senior management team
- Take on full accountability for the profitability and competitiveness of the plant
- Have entrepreneurial responsibility for the management of the plant and the 200 employees on site
- Be part of an international team overseeing key operations based across Europe
Our client is a market leading manufacturer providing specialist solutions to a wide range of industry sectors including automotive, aerospace and construction. Established for over 60 years they have grown in to a truly global organisation and are now recruiting for a key operational position to help drive future growth.
As a successful Plant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Plant results and Risk Management
- Planning, organising and controlling in the fields of personnel, production, quality management, security / safety, energy, competitiveness, maintenance and investment
- Representing the plant and company externally
- Implementation and development of the company's Lean Management System
- Complying with all legal requirements and duties of the company
To be considered for the Plant Manager role you should:
- Have a proven track record in a similar plant / production manager role, with over 200 employees
- Experience working in an international organisation with collaboration across different business units and locations
- Hold a Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field such as machine construction, process engineering or polymer technology
- Have strong all round knowledge about typical polymer processing processes
- Be bilingual, ideally Welsh or German alongside English
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills
- Have strong lean management / continuous improvement experience skills
- Have a basic knowledge of cost accounting
Given the nature of the role, all candidates should also be prepared for international travel on a reasonably regular basis. This will include a potential overseas trip as part of the interview process as well as spending some time in different European locations as part of the induction and training activities. There is also the potential for the role to develop in to overseeing other UK based sites once the successful candidate has settled in to the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company offering fantastic long term opportunities alongside the autonomy to make a real impact in the role. The package on offer consists of a basic salary of £65-80,000 along with car allowance, bonus, pension and health cover. There is also a relocation package on offer if required.
The role is based in North Wales and commutable from Blaneau Ffestiniog, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Bangor, Porthmadog, Caernarfon and Machynlleth. The company is also happy to consider candidates who would look to relocate to the area.