Up to £35000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Communications and Operations Manager (Initial FTC - March 2022)
BetaDen is Worcestershire's first dedicated tech accelerator for entrepreneurs and scale up Businesses. Focused on driving new products and solutions across a range of emerging technologies, BetaDen provides a revolutionary platform for businesses to develop next generation technologies.
As an ambitious, forward thinking and commercially astute individual, you will thrive on being part of this dynamic and fast paced team. Leading operational delivery and supporting the CEO, you will be involved in all elements of day to day projects as well as playing an innovative and strategic role in the planning and growth of the organisation.
An exceptional team player who is self-motivated and naturally driven, this will be a fantastic opportunity to make an impact and forge key relationships.
Communications and Operations Manager responsibilities:
- Supporting the development and use of a variety of routes to market to develop and promote the organisation and the programmes it has to offer
- Scouting for 'A Start' start-ups - attending eco-system events
- Reporting - preparing all required reports and presentations
- Maintaining clear performance indicators in order to establish the impact of all public relations activity
- Working with sub-contracted providers
- Using performance indicators to measure the impact of all public relations activity
- Compiling and promoting case studies, testimonials and good news stories via literature, website or external publications
- Working with and coordinating cohort members in order to encourage them to make full use of the opportunity to promote their business to potential investors
- Acting as an ambassador and supporting the Board in fulfilling its delivery and growth ambitions
- Arranging and attending relevant programme and project meetings as a member of the Operational Management team
- Participating and assisting with events and encouraging participation amongst businesses
- Supporting and encouraging the further development of Cyber companies and other initiatives
- Continually developing and delivering programme communications as well as coordinating the relationships with private and public stakeholders
Communications and Operations Manager requirements:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A strong commercial innovation acumen with a genuine interest in early stage technology businesses and entrepreneurs
- An ability to manage and collate large quantities of information
- Highly self-motivated with a strong team ethos
- A proven ability to use e-shot, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Exceptional proof and copywriting skills
This Communications and Operations Manager position is full time, 37 hours per week, the office is based in Malvern, with current homeworking for part of the week. Salary £35k. FTC until March 2022 initially.