£25000 - £28000 per annum
5 months ago
An established and leading manufacturer of outdoor products, they have a great tradition of supplying a quality range of popular products to both trade and residential customers. The majority of their products are manufactured on site in the UK.
To support a safe, clean and cost efficient working environment with regard to ensuring compliance with the requirements of Facilities, Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental performance. The primary focus will be health & safety activities.
- Day to day responsibility for site H&S activity at site.
- Liaise with management and staff; providing advice and guidance on H&S matters to conform with regulatory requirements.
- Provide in-house training with a particular focus on the various departmental specific induction program within the business.
- Writing and implementing risk assessments, procedures, safe systems of work and other relevant H&S documentation.
- Assist respective departmental managers with internal incident investigations and help to ensure reactive control measures are implemented.
- Producing monthly reports and other statistical analysis of various collated safety data.
- Undertake spot checks and various audits.
- Improve the overall environmental performance of the site.
- Assist the site maintenance department in the running of the site facilities management program.
- Be responsible for the site Occupational health program.
- Chair the site monthly SHE meeting.
- Assist in various quality related tasks in compliance with the company's Quality management system, with a particular focus on product safety.
- MUST have experience in a similar role.
- Recognised Health & Safety qualification (NEBOSH Minimum).
- Experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing or distribution environment preferable.
- Proven experience and competency in providing training.
- Attention to detail / good observational skills.
- Good system skills (Excel and general business systems).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm, drive and a can do attitude.
- Excellent communicator across several boundaries.
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to learn and adapt to situations as they materialise.
Based Near Kidderminster, Worcestershire.
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
Up to £28k depending on experience..
33 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays).