Up to £35000 per annum
4 months ago
Due to recent and significant investment in the site, a new opportunity has arisen for a Shift Leader to join a leading food production company with a presence in multiple European countries and in excess of 5000 staff globally. The Shift Leader will lead an engaged production team to achieve KPI's and continuous improvement results to exceed customer satisfaction. The Shift Leader will play a key role is resource planning for the shift, considering short, medium and long term requirements. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Shift Leader is considered the Senior Person on site during out of standard hours operations.
You will be required to work a 3 shift pattern rotating weekly, 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am.
Shift Leader responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure efficient use of resources to deliver the production schedule
- Review capabilities and develop multi skilled team members
- Manage and motivate the team through setting SMART performance and development objectives
- Drive production to meet plan target, ensuring quality standards and safe operating procedures are followed
- Check accuracy and sign off all shift production data
- Promote the adherence to quality standards across all operational activities
- Ensure all associates comply with HACCP policy critical control points
- Drive agreed business improvement initiatives
- Review adherence to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), recommending improvements where necessary
- Instigate Kaizen improvement activity where improvement opportunity is identified
- Drive the highest standards of hygiene and housekeeping/cleanliness
- The position is a key driver of waste removal and is continually vigilant in identifying where wasteful activity is present
- Ensure effective communication across the entire shift
- Ensure high quality and accurate completion of all required paperwork
- Training and development ensuring all shift staff have received the appropriate induction and on the job training.
The Shift Leader will have demonstrable experience in a similar role and the following aptitudes and experience:
- Previous manufacturing experience in a FMCG and target driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, build relationships and organise work groups in an improvement driven environment
- Strong communication skills, excellent English skills in written, listening and spoken form.
- Data analysis and strong problem solving skills
- An excellent organiser of resources
- Ability to coach, manage, drive and motivate a team to achieve targets
- Previous food manufacturing experience desirable
- Lean/Six Sigma experience desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of an expanding team within a growing business. There is significant investment taking place in the plant and the company is committed to supporting the career and personal development of its employees. Based near Worcester, commutable from Tenbury Wells, Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn, Droitwich Spa, Malvern and Bromyard.
Salary £35,000-£39,000, commensurate with experience.
Hours of work 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, 10pm to 6am rotating weekly.