Up to £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Are you keen to become a Software Engineer, working on successful software surrounded by a fast paced, high performing team?
My client is a motivated and well established financial services company that provides an effective service to its customers around the UK. They are looking to grow their ambitious software development team with a new software engineer to contribute to the company's success, as they expand into different market areas. The successful Software Engineer will contribute to the design, development and implementation of software applications that are ready for use by internal and external users on a variety of platforms, such as web platforms and windows platforms.
Software Engineer responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain software applications, alongside providing support and assistance to other department areas.
- Contribute ideas and knowledge to the company's design objectives.
- Work within an Agile development team, developing software designs and specifications based on relevant requirements and in accordance with defined development procedures.
- Actively participate in sprint and release planning, daily stand-ups and retrospectives.
Software Engineer requirements:
- Experience of using object oriented programming languages, such as C# / ASP.Net.
- Experience working with cloud technology, ideally Azure.
- Experience of SQL Server.
- Ability to solve problems and provide workable solutions or workarounds.
- Ability to continually learn and adapt to new technologies and implement where suitable.
- Someone who has a passion for technology, continually learning and adapting to new technologies.
This is a Software Engineer role that offers a great opportunity for personal and professional progression. This Software Engineer role offers a salary of up to £40,000, as well as excellent benefits. The company is based in Hereford, but are happy for employees to work from home at least two days a week.