£40000 - £45000 per annum
11 days ago
Software Engineer in Test
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a software house that provides industry-leading software within a specialist market place. The company has grown rapidly in recent years due to the success of its core product and they are now looking to expand their technical team with the addition of a Software Engineering in Test.
As a software engineer in test you will be given technical freedom in designing and developing test-tools, test-frameworks and automated tests. You will play a pivotal role on the Integration and Test team championing code quality, improving performance and architecture of test solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing automation tests for core products
- Using agile practices to deliver exciting new features
- Contributing positively in a fast paced, high-performing team
- Expanding your development and test experience
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience with Python development
- Experience using and maintaining Python libraries and tools e.g. Pipenv, Selenium, Behave (Gherkin), Requests
- Experience developing Functional and Non-Functional tests against acceptance criteria
- Excellence in Software Engineering Practices
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Experience in Jira, Git, VMWare, AWS, Windows and Linux
Any knowledge / experience within Cyber Security would be very useful, as would ISEB / ISTQB certifications.
This opportunity is open to applicants to work remotely from anywhere in the UK, as long as you can attend the firms offices in Worcester on an ad hoc basis as and when required. It is commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Malvern, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Hereford, Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye, Evesham, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Droitwich Spa and Pershore.
Salary £40-45,000, commensurate with experience. The compensation package includes generous holiday with duvet days, competitive healthcare plan and pension scheme, team socials, gym vouchers, cycle to work scheme plus lots more.