Software Support Developer
C# / .Net / SQL Server
Ross-on-Wye - Remote Working
An opportunity has arisen to join a leading solutions provider and support the development team with maintenance & bug fixing of the core product and developing new software change requests to high-quality enterprise level software standards.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To work with support and development team members on resolving support cases, bugs, and major incidents.
- Performing precursor work and investigation before escalating issues and passing findings into the development team.
- To research, design and write scalable software to company and industry standards.
- To plan effectively in an agile environment and deliver to estimates.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record working as a software developer, ideally identifying and fixing bugs in code written by others. You should have demonstrable skills in C# and SQL Server along with experience in tools such as Visual Studio and SQL Server Management.
The key technical skills required are:
- C# Web Development/.NET
- Restful APIs
- Visual Studio/SQL Server Management Studio
- Azure DevOps Server/Team Foundation Server or similar issue/project tracking system
- Experience of root cause analysis
Knowledge of any other associated technologies such as Entity Framework, Linq / Lambda, Angular / Vue.js, Microservices, BDD, TDD and Tableau would also be advantageous.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must and you should have strong problems solving skills and a keen eye for detail. Any experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment would be beneficial and you should show a willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, proactive individual with a company offering lots of chances for career and personal progression. This role can be remote or office based, with offices in Ross-on-Wye, commutable from Hereford, Worcester, Newport, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Monmouth, Ledbury, Tewkesbury, Abergavenny and Chepstow. Salary up to £35,000, commensurate with experience.