£30000 - £35000 per annum + plus benefits
18 days ago
Software Test Engineer
Are you a Software Test Engineer looking for your next challenge? Would you like to work in an Agile team for a global company. Are you interested in working in a self-initialising, energetic team who work well collaboratively? If you're a Software Test Engineer seeking a new opportunity, then please read on!
The newly appointed Software Test Engineer will be joining a member of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and developers who are responsible for contributing to the testing and documentation of software programs as part of the development of the company's wide range of products.
Your responsibilities as a Software Test Engineer will include:
- To participate in the development of software products and to work within project timescales, providing progress indication and task estimates when necessary
- To work within the software team using agile methods, participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- To contribute to the review and maintenance of software testing standards and policies under the direction of the Lead Software Test Engineer
As a successful Software Test Engineer you should have experience of the following:
- Recent proven manual test experience
- Exposure and experience with automation test principles
- Understanding of software design methodologies, notably Agile and Scrum design principles
- Windows programming in C#, Visual Basic, python or any scripting languages using object-orientated methodologies
- Experience working in an Agile team - collaborating with developers, daily scrum activities, sprint planning/ estimations etc
In this role as a Software Test Engineer you will experience a wide range of benefits, including:
- A salary of up to £35,000 DOE
- Flexi-time (core hours 10:00am - 12:00pm and 14:00 - 15:00) to help you achieve a good work-life balance
- You will receive support and training to improve your skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external training
- 23 days holiday per year, increasing to 24 days after two years' service and to 25 days after five years' service
- The company are an Investors in People accredited organisation which believes in the benefit of employee development
This Software Test Engineer role is based in Malvern.
We operate a referral scheme so if you know a Software Test Engineer then get in touch!