5 months ago
There is a great opportunity to join a well-established specialist engineering company that designs, develops and manufactures a range of bespoke products. As a Stress Engineer, you will work as part of a wider team on all phases of the project life cycle including design, development and production for a range of high-value products.
Stress Engineer Responsibilities:
- Providing analysis of new and existing specialist motor systems which may involve, hardware, propellant charge structure analysis, CFD and thermal analysis
- To use relevant software and programming techniques, including: Abaqus, Fortran and Matlab
- Providing technical support to projects from a structural specific perspective
- To produce key project documentation, such as structural analysis and structural test plans
Stress Engineer Requirements:
- Educated to degree level with relevant Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Aerospace, Structural or Material Science)
- Previous experience in the use of FEA software (preferably Abaqus)
- Material Science Knowledge (Metals, composites, viscoelastic materials, adhesives and manufacturing methods)
Based in Kidderminster and commutable from Worcester, Stourport, Redditch, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Bewdley, Stourbridge, Birmingham, Dudley, Wolverhampton and Malvern. Offering a competitive salary based on experience.