£60000 - £80000 per annum
21 days ago
Looking for a seat at the top table within an Engineering company? Are you an ambitious Technical or Engineering Manager, looking for an opportunity to progress your career into a Director position? Our client is looking to recruit a Technical Manager or Technical Director Designate with a view to the position progressing to Director level.
This relatively small engineering company has an impressively collaborative culture, where individuals' opinions are valued and listened to… and this role is where the technical buck stops! You will be the ultimate technical decision maker - someone who will be open-minded and interested to investigate new solutions and technologies, but will ultimately make the decision that is right for the business and stand by it.
Technical Director / Manager Responsibilities
* Direct and lead the company's engineering and technology operations to improve security, stability and performance.
* Oversee the generation of project briefs, plans, targets, designs, budgets and documentation for new products.
* Implement changes and improvements to standards, designs methods and practices to improve the quality, performance and profitability of products.
* Line-management responsibility for the engineering department, to include design engineers and software engineers.
Technical Director / Manager Requirements
* The ideal individual will come from a technical background and still be 'hands-on' - ideally within electronics, electrical engineering or embedded software development.
* Experience of project management and/or quality assurance would be advantageous
* You will need to be a strong problem-solver - keen to research the best options and confidently be the ultimate technical decision maker.
* As this role is expected to progress to a Director level, you will need to have the ability to lead and set a vision, while also rolling up your sleeves to get involved with the day-to-day. Man-management experience is essential.
This Technical Director Designate role is based near Droitwich, with a salary of £60-80K plus bonus, healthcare and 25 days annual leave.