£20000 - £30000 per annum
5 months ago
We need a technical author to create engaging, useful content. You'll be producing a range of outputs -including user guides, help systems and e-learning - to help customers get the best from our scientific solutions. Working within R&D, we want you to be involved at every stage of the development process, giving you a unique opportunity to both document and help shape the products. A high level of overall business sense, team spirit, meticulous attention to detail, and a keen interest in exploring new ways to improve our customers' information experience is expected.
What are your responsibilities?
- Writing and improving content for user guides, e-learning, web and help systems
- Coordinating with product and project managers, software developers, engineers, and other authors to ensure good information flow
- Creating video, graphical and photographic material to support the technical information
- Being a cross-functionally skilled communicator, with an interest in the technical writing world
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Ideally 3+ years' experience as a software and/or hardware technical author
- A relevant degree - ideally with a writing, analytical, or STEM focus
- Solid understanding of topic-based, single-source authoring
- An innate curiosity that drives you to explore new ways of working
Great to have?
- Exposure to e-learning development using SCORM compliant tools and learning systems
- Experience of using remote analytics to support technical documentation
- Understanding of Madcap Flare and HTML/XML
- The ability to spot a typo at a thousand paces
An excellent training programme and benefits package is included with this position.
If you happen to know a Technical Author (or a candidate with the right skills for this role) who may be interested please do get in touch as we do have a referral scheme.