£20000 - £25000 per annum
5 days ago
Hewett Recruitment are delighted to be working with RS Hydro based in Bromsgrove who are looking to recruit a Test & Support Technician.
RS Hydro are a Global, forward thinking and award winning multi-disciplined instrumentation company, founded in 1997, providing specialist expertise to tackle technological issues facing clients over a large range of work in the water, environmental and industrial sectors. Proteus Instruments Limited is a part of the organisation that specialises in the Proteus sensor range. Many of their projects are world-class industry benchmarks, some of which cannot be achieved by any other company worldwide. This is down to unique instrumentation and experience for difficult applications.
RS Hydro are 'Investors in People', meaning they encourage career growth and progression and have created a fabulous culture of togetherness. As the business continues to grow this really is a fantastic time to be joining them!
The Test and Support Technician will be responsible for ensuring testing and calibrations are carried out to meet customer and company standards for this diverse product range,
You will ensure goods are in good condition, tested on custom rigs and ready to be shipped to clients in time for their hire period. Upon return of the goods, you will also be responsible for checking, and testing along with assisting the team in handling repairs. This will include dealing directly with clients to understand any problems and explain solutions.
- Test, calibration and rectification of state-of-the-art water quality monitoring probes, samplers, flow meters and a large variety of technical equipment used by the company and its customers
- Manage the hires for flow meters, samplers and other equipment
- Use internal systems to identify upcoming hires
- Prep, test and clean hires ready for dispatch according to client specification
- Manage returned hires, check, test and clean
- Update internal systems accordingly for traceability
- Manage rental stocks
- Communicate with clients via phone or email
- Support the RMA department to arrange returned goods with clients under RMA, provide reference number
- Handle RMA's including repairs and arrange the goods to be shipped to the manufacturer for repair
- Arrange return of goods with the logistics department
- Update internal systems accordingly
- Work requires applicant to be on their feet and manual handling of goods.
- Technical knowledge / skills or have an interest in technical equipment.
- Work under pressure.
- Very well organised and able to plan ahead.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Fast learner.
- Team player.
- Excellent customer facing skills on phone or email.
- Able to use Microsoft Office programs including Outlook.
£20,000 - £25,000 annual salary.
Holiday entitlement that increases annually.
Pension and Health Care plans.
Based in Bromsgrove.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.