Up to £30000 per annum
10 days ago
My client are an industry leading software house at the heart of Worcester providing enterprise level software nationwide. They are seeking a Tester to work with their already busy team to help to work towards a successful test strategy.
As a successful Tester you will be responsible for:
- Providing Quality Assurance and testing expertise
- Working with stakeholders to identify risk based tests in an agile methodology
- Contributing to maintenance of current regression scripts impacted by assigned projects
- When needed, running manual/automation technical tests as part of the assigned projects
- Working with the Test Lead to introduce new tools / techniques in testing, improving test coverage, reducing testing time and improving defect identification.
- Working with the project to provide analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and translating into test and quality solutions.
- Providing accurate and timely test status reports
- Providing QA support to the Scrum Teams for the execution of tests during the development phase under the management of a Scrum Master.
- Define capability improvement opportunities for the testing organization
As a successful Tester you should hold:
- Good general standard of education.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate software testing - advantageous.
As a successful Tester you should have experience in:
- Implementing complex test plans in a variety of environments
- Testing lifecycle, phase test objectives, entry/exit acceptance criteria and Risk-based approaches to the testing lifecycle definition.
- Working in pressured environment to strict deadlines.
- Insurance or Broker background - advantageous.
- Working as an automation tester - Desirable.
- Coding with C#, .NET, Java or Ruby
- Automation Experience with Calabash, Xamarin or Appium and a knowledge of Selenium & Cucumber/Specflow
- Knowledge of XML and SQL Server - advantageous.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Test Management tools
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional Scrum team.
This is a great chance to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects and a comprehensive benefits package. Paying a salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience, based in Worcester, commutable from Kidderminster, Birmingham, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Hereford, Malvern, Ledbury, Evesham, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Bewdley, Droitwich Spa and Pershore.