21 days ago
So you are good with people, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want the opportunity to earn uncapped commission? Recruitment could be the career for you!
We are creating new trainee roles in our technical recruitment team (IT and Engineering). You will start as a Resourcer with the ultimate aim of being promoted to Recruitment Consultant, earning commission within 6-12 months.
What's involved in being a Graduate Recruitment Consultant?
- Researching the market for candidates, using various online tools
- Calling candidates to discuss job opportunities with them and keeping in touch with our talent pool
- Meeting candidates, arranging interviews and getting to know your market place
- Writing job adverts
- Social media marketing, advertising and building your profile
- As you develop your ability, you will be more involved with all aspects of the recruitment process, including sales activity, networking, and client meetings
- You will progress through Hewett's structured development programme, as well as receiving on-the-job training
What characteristics would a Graduate Recruitment Consultant demonstrate?
- Focus and drive
- Tenacity and resilience
- An interest in Tech or Engineering
- An ability to grasp technical concepts such as software, engineering and infrastructure
- Be a good judge of character
- Be detail focused
- Be sales and goal orientated
- Be target driven
Recruitment is an exciting environment involving skills such as sales, marketing, social media, persuasion, understanding and empathy but at its heart requires strong sales skills and levels of resilience. Good Trainee Recruitment Consultants will have a solid technical understanding and have some customer service and / or sales experience.
What experience and skills do I need to be a successful Graduate Recruitment Consultant?
- Ability to understand technical concepts and language
- Technical degree or training (advantageous)
- Some demonstrable sales / customer service experience
- Understanding and analytical approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Natural problem solving ability
- High level of emotional intelligence
What will you get in return as a Graduate Technical Recruitment Consultant?
- Fantastic career in recruitment
- Work with a fun and encouraging team
- Dynamic working arrangements
- Career and personal development
- Potential for uncapped commission as a Recruitment Consultant
- After hours social and networking events
- 25 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays), rising with service
- Healthcare (after qualifying period)
Hewett Recruitment work in a flexible way, with Consultants splitting their time between home and the office as required. Given the trainee nature of this role you would initially need to be able to be based out of offices in either Kidderminster or Worcester.