Up to £34500 per annum
29 days ago
Warehouse Team Leader
Due further growth and an imminet change to 24/7 operation at the site, a new opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Team Leader to join a leading food production company. The Warehouse Team Leader will co-ordinate resource planning across the Supply Chain functions of lineside service, warehouse and palletising to ensure allocation of tasks across the team results in the most efficient use of resources. You will be expected to maintain operational best practice to deliver inventory accuracy of all finished goods and raw materials on site.
You will be required to work a Pitman shift pattern which involves working 12 hour day shifts and 12 hour night shifts in blocks of 2 and 3. Over a 28 days period you will work 7 days, 7 nights and have 14 rest days.
Warehouse Team Leader responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to by all members of the Supply Chain Team
- Carry out risk assessments and inspections as and when required
- Enable delivery of the production plan through accurate and timely supply of raw materials
- Review capabilities and develop team member skills/knowledge to successfully meet production needs
- Ensure the finished goods and raw material inventory are accurate by organised regular stock counts
- Manage the Goods In and Goods Outward function
- Monitor the Supply Chain Operation to identify and implement process improvements
- Ensure all products produced are in line with the quality manual and product specifications
- Drive the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Remain vigilant in identifying where wasteful activity is present
- Ensure shift performance data is collected accurately and timely, ensuring production traceability and investigation can be carried out effectively
- Ensure all Supply Chain operators have received appropriate induction and on the job training.
The Warehouse Team Leader will have demonstrable experience in a similar role and the following aptitudes and experience:
- Experience and understanding of Warehouse processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead, build relationships and organise work groups in an improvement driven environment
- Strong communication skills, excellent English skills in written, listening and spoken form.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Valid Counterbalance and Reach fork lift truck licence
- Ability to lead, coach, manage, drive and motivate a team to achieve targets
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills, ideally 5Y and Kaizen
- Previous food manufacturing experience desirable
- Lean/Six Sigma experience desirable
- Working knowledge of SAP R3/APO beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of an expanding team within a growing business. There is significant investment taking place in the plant and the company is committed to supporting the career and personal development of its employees. Based near Worcester, commutable from Tenbury Wells, Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn, Droitwich Spa, Malvern and Bromyard.