My client are the UKs leading and most trusted manufacturer and distributor of quality wooden garden products for over 50 years. They are looking for an IT Helpdesk Technician to join their small IT team.
As a successful IT Helpdesk Technician you will be responsible for:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for end users requesting technical assistance via help desk software.
- Serve as first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions, with the assistance of IT partners.
- Accurately and actively maintain asset and licence registers, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Install and maintain desktop and laptop PCs, WAPs (Ruckus), printers, desk and mobile phones.
- Install and maintain client software such as anti-virus, Sage and MS Office; utilising WSUS for updates.
As a successful IT Helpdesk Technician you will have:
- A minimum of two years' MS Windows experience in an IT Help Desk role.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012/16/19 in vCenter, including Exchange.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Manage and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented with a friendly personality.
- Access to a car is essential as travel between sites will occasionally be required.
Hours of work;
Monday to Friday - Full support to be provided 06:00-18:00 between the supervisor and 2 Technicians over the following shifts:
06:00-14:30 - Office based
08:30-17:00 - Office based
09:30-18:00 - Working from home
Paid On Call:
Monday to Friday: 18:00-22:00 - Each Technician provides an on call service one in every three weeks.
Saturdays: 08:30-17:00 - Each Technician provides an on call service one in every three weeks.
This successful IT Helpdesk Technician role is paying a salary dependant on experience of between £22,000 - £25,000.
This role is based in Hartlebury and is commutable from Bewdley, Stourport-on-Seven, Kidderminster, Cleobury Mortimer, Stourbridge, Birmingham, Telford, Wolverhampton, Bromsgrove, Bridgnorth, Smethwick, Halesowen, Droitwich Spa, Stoke Prior and Redditch.
If you happen to know an IT Helpdesk Technician who may be suitable, please do get in touch as we do operate a referral scheme.