3rd December 2019 marks ‘#GivingTuesday’. Get involved and join our Christmas Foodbank Collection.
Giving Tuesday is a "global generosity movement" focussing on unleashing the power of people and organisations to transform our local communities. At Hewett Recruitment, the local community have played an integral role in helping us shape the company, therefore it's felt giving back to those communities is a natural step. Alongside our 40@40 Campaign (aiming to raise £40,000 for local charities to celebrate our 40th year in business), during the Christmas period, Hewett also hold an annual appeal for food donations to give to Worcestershire foodbanks, helping support those in need.
As always, we want to collect more donations than ever before, enabling us to reach and support as many individuals and families in need, making a true difference to people’s lives this Christmas. We're asking local businesses and individuals to show their goodwill and contribute towards our collection. No matter how small or large, all contributions are welcome! What better day to raise awareness and encourage participation than ‘Giving Tuesday!?’
Foodbanks rely solely on the support and generosity of you- donations are absolutely vital to their ability to give everyone the necessary balanced and nutritious supply of food. Without your goodwill, our local foodbanks would struggle to operate.
Delegates of our recent HR Professionals Conference really got the ball rolling, generously donating several bags of food, toiletries and various other essentials.
The foodbanks needs:
- Canned food- Tinned spaghetti, spaghetti with sausages, beans with sausages, macaroni cheese, tinned tomatoes, Tinned potatoes
- Tinned meat- mince/meatballs/corned beef and pre-cooked, tinned ham (quality), tinned turkey (quality),
- Items suitable for homeless e.g. pot noodles, UHT milk,
- Treats- sweets, chocolates, crisps, rice pudding, Christmas pudding, Mince pies, Tinned custard, Peanut butter & crackers
- Drinks- squash, small jars of coffee, Fruit juice (long life)
- Toiletries – deodorants, shampoo, shaving foam, sanitary wear, toothpaste, toilet rolls, washing up liquid, washing tablets, washing powder(small)
- Strong carrier bag
- New toys & children’s gifts
- Christmas treats & goodies
- Tin openers
Food and Drink product must be alcohol-free.
Download a printable shopping list below:
Please drop off your donations to your local Hewett Recruitment office by Friday 13th December. For large quantities, collection can be arranged.
For all enquiries, please contact 01562 69090 and request to speak to Verity.
Let’s make a real difference this Christmas.