The Recruitment & Employment Confederation recently published the April 2019 Jobs Outlook, a monthly survey detailing the hiring intentions of UK employers.
Employers’ intentions to hire temporary agency workers have risen dramatically amidst pessimism about the economic outlook.
So what are the key points
- Confidence in the UK economy regarding making hiring decisions were at their lowest levels since the REC’s records began in June 2016.
- More employers planned to increase than reduce their permanent headcount in the short-term
- Sentiment for hiring agency workers up rolling quarter-on-quarter +3 -
- 74.3% of respondents thought the number of permanent workers in your organisation will stay the same within the next 3 months
- It's thought the number of permanent workers will largely stay the same in the next 4-12 months (44.2% of respondent), with 18.9% predicting a slight increase