£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 2 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a market leading software house that provides high end solutions as part of a global group. They require an Infrastructure Engineer to provide predominantly internal IT support to the growing organisation, with strong all round system administration skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working within the infrastructure team on strategic projects, assisting in the delivery of technical roadmaps.
- Supporting and maintaining internal infrastructure, ensuring the security and reliability of hosting platforms.
- Providing an escalation point for our product support teams in troubleshooting hosted application issues.
- Supporting the internal business IT needs with a focus on automation and empowerment.
- Participation in Hack days to investigate new technologies with an emphasis on learning and development.
The successful applicant must have experience of working within a production Windows Server environment, with a strong understanding of network fundamentals.
In addition, knowledge of some / all of the following would be advantageous:
- Active Directory and Identify management
- Networking - Firewall, VPN and switch management
- Business collaboration tools (Office 365, G-Suite)
- MDM Systems
- Infrastructure Monitoring
- Cloud Hosting (Azure and Google)
- Virtualization (Hyper-v / VMM)
- PowerShell scripting
- Agile / Lean working practices
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must and you should have strong problems solving skills and a keen eye for detail. Any experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment would be beneficial and you should show a willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, proactive individual with a company offering lots of chances for career and personal progression. This role can be remote or office based, with offices in Ross-on-Wye, commutable from Hereford, Worcester, Newport, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Monmouth, Ledbury, Tewkesbury, Abergavenny and Chepstow. Salary £30-35,000, commensurate with experience.