£45000 - £60000 per annum
5 days ago
This role is based in the UK division in Worcester. This position's primary purpose is to manage a set of projects from order entry to product delivery including interfacing with customers, channel partners and internal engineering and production teams to drive on-time delivery, project margin management and customer satisfaction.
The role is responsible for the full cycle of multiple projects for the assigned territory and rep, in addition to resolving customer feedbacks in the Company's quality management system (QMS) by processing orders and coordinating resolution with internal teams and customers on warranty claims.
Projects are assigned at the time of order booking, and the Project Manager is responsible for facilitating on-time shipments per customer and business revenue requirements, collaborating with subject matter experts to help resolve customer issues after shipment. You will be managing set of multiple simultaneous projects
This entails ensuring that all order phases are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner, meet the required quality standard and maintain and improve target margin. This role is responsible for resolving order problems in a timely manner while maintaining order quality and adhering to the schedule and budget and resolving issues for customers, suppliers, vendors, shipping lines, sales representatives and SPX employees.by coordinating activities with other departments including purchasing, engineering, production and sales.
Main Duties of the Project Manager:
- Manage customer communications, clarifications, shipment and other milestone schedule for projects associated with the assigned territory and channel partners
- Manage timeliness and accuracy of order between engineering, manufacturing, construction and supply chain and channel partner resources
- Plan for delivery and shipments to manage costs and balance customer needs with business financial goals
- Communicate with major sub-suppliers to ensure on-time delivery
- Initiate vendor purchase orders in co-ordination with purchasing as needed and follow up on all orders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Support Finance in communicating with end customers and reps to ensure collection of cash on a timely basis
- Identify and help capture value creation opportunities; minimize margin leakage including expedite costs, manage change orders and find opportunities to grow margin on assigned projects
- Actively identify and help capture opportunities to provide value added services (extended warranty, maintenance contracts, etc.) and communicate those to appropriate groups (Aftermarket, Engineering and Sales) to facilitate such opportunities
- Reconcile internal order holds and contract management with interaction between all parties involved
- Process QMS Parts (warranty) and HVAC supplemental or warranty claims and support quality team to investigate root causes. Manage customer returns for quality analysis
- Manage and mitigate risks associated with projects by reconciling internal order holds and contract management with interaction between all parties involved.
- Manage special projects to improve the customer experience, drive sales and improve quality
- Customer satisfaction feedback (internal & external)
Key Experience Required for the Project Manager:
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Experience with SAP or other ERP preferred
- Project scheduling experience preferred
Primarily office based with around 10% UK travel required on an adhoc basis.
This role is located in Worcester and is commutable from Redditch, Birmingham, Pershore, Evesham, Kidderminster, Cleobury, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Ledbury, Tewkesbury, Bewdley, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Halesowen, Dudley, West Bromwich, Solihull, Hereford, Stourport-on-Severn, Bewdley and Warwick.
If you happen to know a Project Manager that may be interested in the position, may be looking at similar opportunities or needs a nudge to find that next step, please do get in touch as we do have a referral scheme!