about 1 month ago
A world leader in developing and producing specialist materials to high specification, this is a business with a Global reach working with complex technologies. Specialising in medium to high volume production of components, the facility is a market leader within their industry.
This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The role of the Assistant Buyer is to support the Procurement Function service and Internal Customers by offering a pro-active approach to obtaining goods and services required, ensuring all goods and services are procured at the right cost, quality, quantity and from the right sources.
- Check and challenge requisitions raised by Departments to ensure sufficient detail regarding supplier, description, quantity, lead time and price.
- Drive and deliver cost savings.
- Support supplier rationalisation programme.
- Dealing with Non-Conformance forms.
- Quarterly supplier reviews with suppliers.
- Supplier audits - low risk, low value suppliers.
- Setting up and maintaining part numbers.
- Support procurement Manager/Buyer on data gathering for Strategic Projects.
- Administrative tasks.
Skills & Experience:
- Recent experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of IFS or Procurement Systems.
- Understanding of Procurement Processes.
- Ability to use Excel to analyse data.
- Negotiation skills - dealing both internally and externally.
Salary Dependent on Experience.
Based in Stourport, Worcestershire.
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm. Friday 8am to 1pm.