8 days ago
Supply Chain Manager
An established multi-national organisation is looking for a highly experienced Supply Manager who can motivate and lead teams within in the UK - including North Wales and sites in the North West. Reporting into the Operations Director, international travel will also be required on occasions.
The Head of Supply Chain Management will oversee the operative day today business, operative processing and coordinate with sales on planning, disposition, inventory planning as well as internal and external implementation. Relationship management and strong planning skills are fundamental to the role as is the ability to effectively communicate at all levels. You must be an expert at building collaborative relationships internally and externally to ensure processes run smoothly and efficiently. This role requires technological ability - previous use of SAP is highly advantageous.
Some key duties and responsibilities for the Supply Chain Manager will include (but not be limited to):
- Technical and operational coordination of the logistics processes
- Working closely with corporate supply chain
- Auditing of processes and benchmarking with competition and market competitors
- Controlling of capacity utilization and production implementation within the framework of the supply network
- Supporting and implementing of operational supply chain concepts within the scope of new and existing product programs or sales and plant concepts
- Analysing and evaluating the logistics processes in the warehouses and further development of an efficient distribution structure
- Involvement with introducing a SMART factory, including Digitisation with a Supply Chain bias
- Responsibility for leading and improving the suppliers performance in terms of service level, lead time and lot size
- Working on key projects such as SAP implementation
Skills and experience required for the Supply Manager:
- Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Strong technical acumen and affinity with IT
- Highly organised with exceptional planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A natural leader and motivator
- Knowledge of SAP (highly advantageous)
- A willingness to travel to the UK sites during the week with international travel as required
The successful candidate will need to be within easy reach of the North West, including Manchester area as well as North Wales. As well as a vehicle allowance, a competitive salary and additional benefits is on offer.