Software Developers are the backbone of the modern world, creating software applications that we use every day; word processor, social media platforms, operating systems, control software, infotainment services through to software services that keep our banks running, our infrastructure on time and our communication lines open.
What a software developer does- what is a software developer job description?
As a software developer your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing software development solutions to intricate problems
- New feature development for arising problems and new platforms or communication methods
- Maintenance development to ensure software solutions are up to date and secure
- Requirements gathering to make sure the application will be fit for purpose for the users
- Functional and user testing to make sure the program they have designed is bug free and works as it should
This will be achieved through software development using programming languages that fit broadly into
Procedural: Ada, RPG, Cobol
A typical software development career path would start with a graduate or entry level development position moving through to Developer, senior developer and eventually principle or lead developer but there are a variety of career paths on offer including:
If you know of a Developer that may be interested in such opportunities or needs help to take the next step in their career, please do get in touch and take advantage of our referral scheme!