Commissioning & Service Engineer
The Commissioning & Service Engineer will work as part of a team to maintain, repair, calibrate and service equipment at customer's sites within the UK or within their own workshop. You will be commissioning products, test facilities or contractually defined equipment and/or services. You will also ensure that operation and handover to the client meets the specifications defined by both the company & the customer.
Responsibilities - Commissioning & Service Engineer
- Travel to customers sites as reasonably required to fulfil the service/commissioning role.
- Assist in the in-house testing of our equipment prior to site installation and commissioning.
- Work closely with project managers, designers, and sub-contractors throughout the project phase to provide input to the best methodologies and ideas on function, safety and costs for test plant and services.
- Work closely with project managers and installation staff to ensure that our plant is commissioned efficiently, meets operational specification and that the work is completed within project time scales and budgets.
- Take ownership of site activities following installation and bring into operation the test plant and support services both at our and customer's sites within the UK.
- Document and record all parameters and activities and produce handover documentation in line with our processes about supplied equipment and facilities.
- Ensure that service/commissioning of the plant and service is carried out safely and to that end be actively always involved in risk analysis and enforcement of safe working practices.
- Keep detailed daily records of all work carried out while working on commissioning/service jobs and maintenance contracts utilising software tools and upon request produce detailed technical reports.
- Maintain accurate records of resource and costs used in the commissioning of plant.
- Carry out inspection, testing, calibration, maintenance, or repair of our instruments based at the Hartlebury workshop to the priorities set by the SVM.
- Support of management & our Skills Initiative to maintain and develop personal skills in the wide range of technologies involved in test facilities.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Provide, technical Hot Line phone support to the service department for the resolution of site related problems.
- Work strictly within the processes and procedures of our and to work for the continuous improvement of our Customer Services Area.
- Actively support safe working practices both within the home site and at Customer's sites.
Requirements - Commissioning & Service Engineer
- Siemens S7 PLC programming background essential.
- Strong background in fault finding and diagnosing PLC based automation systems.
- Experienced with tuning PLC closed loop control systems.
- HND in electronics or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Automotive or Electrical Engineering background is preferred.
- Diagnostic skills and an ability to work unsupervised under pressure.
In return - Commissioning & Service Engineer
- 25 days holiday.
- Generous pension Contribution.
- Private medical care.
- Early finish on a Fridays.
- Uniform and PPE.
Based in Hartlebury, this Commissioning and Service Engineer opportunity is commutable from Tewkesbury, Gloucester, Worcester, Kidderminster, Evesham, and Brimingham.
For more information, please contact Michael Farrell on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01242 3033124.