£25000 - £30000 per annum
8 days ago
Engineering Sales Estimator
£25,000 - £30,000 D.O.E.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience, but equally if you are looking to use your engineering knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings to move into a more commercial role, this could be the job for you. You will have the opportunity to work alongside the Chief Estimator, learning from them on the job.
This vacancy has come about as the company is expanding and is looking to take on an additional Sales Estimator. There is the potential for career progression further down the line into a Sales Engineer position, if this would be of interest.
This engineering company works with large global companies and ships their components across the world.
This role will really suit someone with a keen eye for detail and an enquiring mind - able to grasp new concepts and ask the right questions to gain a solid understanding of requirements.
Engineering Sales Estimator Responsibilities
- Check the Customer Request For Quotation (RFQ) to ensure that we have received all the relevant information, including:
- The Assembly drawings of the part
- Component drawings
- Engineering Specifications
- Quality Specifications
- The Estimated Annual Usage (EAU)
- The Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ) or batches
- Prepare the quotation - discuss with the Chief Estimator the margin to apply to each part and lead-times with the NPI Manager.
- If necessary send RFQ's to potential Suppliers
- Upon receipt of customer orders for parts quoted, check that the drawings and prices match the original quotation
- Quoting for the purchase of tools as well as returning / scrapping of tools where required
- Re-quoting due to fluctuations in materials costs.
Engineering Sales Estimator Requirements
- Able to understand engineering drawings
- Commercial awareness
- Strong communicator verbally and written
- A genuine personality who gets on well with others
- Enthusiastic, detail-focused and motivated
Hours of work are 8am-4pm Mon-Fri. The salary is £25-30K based on experience.
Based in Worcester this role is commutable from: Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Kidderminster, Stourport, Bewdley, Stourbridge, Malvern, Ledbury, Evesham, Pershore, Hereford, Cheltenham and Gloucester.