The Financial Controller is the head of finance for a SME company, responsible for the day-to-day financial management including statutory compliance. As well as the finance lead, the position heads up the company's HR and IT needs and compliance.
The role works closely with the MD, helping with strategy and policy and reporting into group.
Being part of a large group, the role is responsible for large company reporting and compliance and will be the contact for all finance, HR and IT related matters.
Your duties will include…
- Produce monthly management accounts for company/ group
- Produce weekly performance updates for group.
- Produce quarterly forecasting for P&L, B/S and cash position
- Produce annual 3-year budget for P&L, B/S and cash position
- Manage annual audit and statutory accounts production
- Manage overseas company's finances
- Manage accounts and admin team
- Manage payroll scheme, overseeing weekly and monthly payroll, PAYE and P11D returns
- Manage company pension schemes and compliance
- Produce and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Support sales team with finance solutions for customers
- Manage and create letters of credit and bank guarantees
- Manage company HR function and documentation
- Manage company insurance renewals liaising with group and brokers
- Manage IT compliance for group and liaise with external IT
- Support MD with adhoc requests and general day to day running of the company
Experience will include…
- A qualified accountant with experience of managing a finance function with a SME
- Knowledge of MRP systems and Stock and WIP calculations
- Experience of working in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Experience of financial reporting (FRS102) and statutory accounts production
- Understanding of UK GAAP and US GAAP and the differences
- Knowledge of international trade finance including letters of credit and bank guarantees
- Knowledge of contract income or POC accounting
- Knowledge of employment and contract law
This is a full time, permanent position based in the office.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, then please apply.