£46970 - £49942 per annum
11 days ago
Head of Finance (20 hours per week)
Reporting into the CEO and working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, the Head of Finance will demonstrate a strong commercial acumen, a strategic approach and provide effective business partnering in order to support on key decision making within the organisation. Confident at leading a small team and able to translate strategy into day to day operations, the successful candidate will enjoy being part of an organisation that values and encourages a positive team environment.
Some key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Defining the financial strategy alongside the Senior Leadership Team
- Ensuring two year business planning with regards to budgeting and forecasting
- Taking the lead on financial accounting and reporting, ensuring management accounts and quarterly financial reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner
- Leading on all aspects of financial management and financial requirements, taxation and acquisitions as appropriate including
- Analysing and reporting of financial information
- Managing the finance team, cash flow forecasting/reforecasting, year-end accounting, quarterly annual audits, and annual budgeting setting etc.
- Preparing strategic Business Plans, 12-month budget and rolling 6-month Commercial Reviews.
- Preparing company secretarial/Company House filing as required
- Overseeing and monitoring the organisation's investment portfolio
- Liaising with fund managers and reporting on investment outcomes
Skills and Experience required for the Head of Finance:
- Full professional qualification
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation of final accounts and management reports
- Practical experience of private sector investments, company accounts and taxation
- An up to date knowledge of financial legislation and accounting
- Exceptionally IT literate
- Experienced in advising on growth and diversification
- Excellent communicator at all levels
As well as being a member of the Senior Leadership Team and heading up the Finance team, it is key that the successful candidate would enjoy being part of a 'hands on' organisation and team environment.
Based in Malvern, our client is looking for someone to work for 20 hours a week over 4 days.
Full time salary band is £46,970 - £49,942 pro rata, depending on experience.