£20000 - £25000 per annum
10 days ago
My client are an established company who provide technical support for a large number of schools and businesses in Worcestershire and the surrounding counties.
They are looking for someone to join their growing team as a Support Technician. As part of their support team, you will be monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks within multiple organisations in a technical support role. If there are any issues or changes required, such as forgotten passwords, viruses or email issues, you will be the first person our customers will come to.
As a successful IT Support Technician you will be responsible for:
- Installing and configuring computer systems.
- Diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems using sophisticated remote support software.
- Communicating with the customer via telephone, email or instant messaging.
- Assist the Technical Support team by performing regular onsite IT support visits at customer sites.
- To provide telephone and remote support to all customers in the use of Microsoft Office and other software and to support the variety of desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Apple related systems, etc
As a successful Software Support Agent you will:
- Have "A" Level or higher within a technical/IT discipline
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years work experience in delivering software and systems support, although training will be provided across all systems.
- Good practical experience with Windows, Microsoft Office and other office based applications.
- Good knowledge of Servers, VMware and Hyper-V virtualised environments
- Possess proficient computer skills and be able to learn new systems.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Be friendly, inquisitive and have excellent communication skills.
- Work well within a team.
- Must have a full clean driving licence and vehicle due to the requirement to travel to customers sites.
- DBS certification will be required if successful.
This IT Support Technician role is paying a salary dependant on experience of between £20,000 and £25,000. With the scope to develop, progress and ability to undertake many internal and external certified training packages, this role is great for someone wanting to expand their knowledge and get onto the IT career ladder.
This role is based in Bromsgrove and is commutable from Redditch, Studley, Alvechurch, Solihull, Bromsgrove, Halesowen, Worcester, Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stratford-Upon-Avon, and Droitwich Spa.
If you happen to know someone who may be suitable, please do get in touch as we do operate a referral scheme.